In our daily quest for physical fitness and health, incorporating a variety of fruits and vegetables is crucial. One standout fruit is Dragon fruit, rich in fiber and magnesium, a rare source of iron and numerous nutrients. Beyond enhancing strength and immunity, it supports gut health and boosts the immune system, aiding in the fight against chronic diseases. Collaborations with chefs and dietitians have unveiled a myriad of Dragon Fruit Recipes, proving to be not only a treat for taste buds but also promising agents for overall well-being. Explore the extensive dragon fruit health benefits through these delicious and nutritious recipes.
Dragon fruit is a cactus fruit packed with health benefits like stabilizing blood sugar and aiding digestion. It’s named after dragons due to its unique appearance. Curious how to eat it, no matter the shape and size? It’s a breeze. Slice it in half and scoop the tasty inside with a spoon. But one of the most significant conundrums for the people is to find out if there is any other way of consuming dragon fruit apart from the conventional method. To offer a suitable answer, in this blog, we will discuss the top 04 Dragon fruit recipes that provide extensive health benefits to the person consuming it, along with the easiest preparation method.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Enjoy the dazzling dragon fruit smoothie with only five ingredients. It is an energy booster drink with over 20 grams of protein and a lively pink hue. This velvety, wholesome delight is your ticket to a snappy breakfast or a post-workout refuel.
Ingredients required for making Dragon Fruit Smoothie.
- Almond Milk
- Dragon Fruit
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Almond Butter
How to make Dragon Fruit Smoothie.
- Dump everything in a robust blender.
- Blend until it’s ultra-smooth.
- Give it a taste and tweak as you like – toss in ice for a heartier blend or extra liquid for a lighter touch.
- Pour it into a glass and jazz it up with your favorite toppings if you’re in the mood.
- Now, you’re in for a real treat!
Dragon Fruit Waldorf Salad
Another popular dish in the category of Dragon Fruit Recipes is Dragon Fruit Waldorf Salad. Salads are often a side dish with lettuce, tomatoes, and extras. But here’s a twist: The waldorf salad recipe is a bit fancy at serving and exotic in taste. It’s a fruity, nutty salad with a perfect dressing of yoghurt and mayonnaise. Additionally, you can serve Dragon Fruit Waldorf Salad as a lettuce topping or just as it is.
Ingredients required for Dragon Fruit Waldorf Salad.
- 02 cups of yellow dragon fruit, scoop out with a melon baller.
- 01 cup of Granny Smith apple, cut with a melon baller.
- 01 cup of Fuji apple, cut with a melon baller.
- 01 cup of white seedless grapes, cut in half.
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- 1/4 cup of organic fresh mint, chopped.
- 1/2 cup of roasted salted cashews, lightly crushed.
- 1/2 cup of roasted & lightly salted almonds, lightly crushed.
- 1/2 cup of vanilla Greek yoghurt.
- 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- 01 teaspoon of fresh lime zest.
How to make Dragon Fruit Waldorf Salad
- Scoop out dragon fruit with a melon baller.
- Use the same tool for Granny Smith and Fuji apples.
- Cut grapes in half.
- Chop fresh cilantro and mint.
- Give the cashews and almonds a light crush.
- Mix vanilla Greek yoghurt and sour cream.
- Add the lime zest.
- Toss all these together for a refreshing, crunchy, zesty fruit salad
Dragon Fruit Chia Pudding
Dragon fruit chia pudding is a scrumptious, no-cook delight for breakfast or dessert. You can make this simple delicacy with fresh dragon fruit and creamy coconut milk. The secret to its pudding is its texture. In doing so, you must sprinkle some chia seeds and let them soak in the sweet, fruity liquid for 1-3 hours or leave it overnight.
Ingredients required for Dragon Fruit Chia Pudding
- Dragon fruit
- Coconut milk
- Chia seeds
How to make Dragon Fruit Chia Pudding
- Wash, peel, and cut a dragon fruit into fine pieces.
- Toss the pieces into a blender.
- Pour in one cup of coconut milk, some vanilla, sugar, and 4 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- Hit the blend button until it’s smooth.
- Now, transfer the creamy mix to a bowl or glasses.
- Place it in the fridge for 1-3 hours until it’s firm.
- When it’s set, add some diced dragon fruit and sprinkle desiccated coconut or your fave nuts on top.
- You are all set to Enjoy your fruity treat.
Dragon Fruit And Berry Cake
Dragon fruit and berry cake, with its tempting presentation outside, holds the beauty inside with dragon fruit being the star cake. The dragon fruit is pink with little black seeds. Some are white with black seeds. It’s not super sweet, but it can satisfy the taste buds as well as the appetite of the person. To enhance the taste of the cake, one can add dragon fruit juice to the whipped cream for frosting.
Ingredients required for Dragon fruit and berry cake.
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup of chopped Medjool dates (make sure they’re pitted)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight)
- 1/3 cup of liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of light agave
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 dragon fruit smoothie packs
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup of frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup of freeze-dried raspberries (crushed)
How to make Dragon fruit and berry cake.
- To make the cake’s crust, blend almonds, oats, dates, salt, coconut, and vanilla paste in a food processor.
- Transfer the mix into a springform pan for a smooth crust.
- For making the Dragon fruit layer, blend soaked cashews, coconut oil, agave, lime zest, lime juice, and smoothie packs until smooth.
- Pour this over the crust and tap to remove air bubbles.
- Freeze for approximately 2 hours to set.
- Next, make a strawberry ice cream layer, blend frozen bananas, almond milk, and vanilla until it’s like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add frozen strawberries and blend until it’s all mixed.
- Pour this over the dragon fruit layer and tap to remove air bubbles.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours until it’s set.
- Last step before serving!
- Put the cake pan in the fridge for 30 minutes to set it completely before serving.
- Remove the side wall of the pan.
- Sprinkle raspberry powder on top.
- Slice and enjoy! Store leftovers wrapped in the freezer.
Dragon fruit is a cactus fruit with good resources like vitamin C and phosphorus, phytonutrients and carotenoids. It’s got health-boosting compounds, too. It has acquired a prestigious position in the diet plan of the population. With the top 04 dishes made from dragon fruit, one can enhance skin, gut health and taste buds. But with so many beneficial attributions of Dragon fruit, one needs to be precautionary about the following.
- Too much fibre obtained from dragon fruit can lead to problems like gas, discomfort, and poor nutrient absorption.
- Lots of red dragon fruit can turn your pee pink or red.
- FOverboard with dragon fruit means too many antioxidants like beta-carotene, which might raise the risk of lung cancer.
- Dragon fruits are not for allergic people because they may lead to swollen lips, itchy throat, and other discomforts.
- While dragon fruit helps with high blood pressure, overeating can give you too much potassium, leading to low blood pressure.
So, what are you waiting for? Make the above-discussed dragon fruit recipes and treat yourself to soothing delicacies and good health.